Website ComplianceTake note of latest law as issued by Minister of Communications and Digital Technologies under Government Gazette No.43164: All internet sites operating within the .zaDNA top level domain name must have a landing page with a visible link to www.sacoronavirus.co.za
Every website needs to comply with various laws. Contact us now!
What is web compliance?
The following are just a couple laws applicable to a website:
- Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002 (EC Act);
- The Consumer Protection Act 2008 (CPA);
- The Promotion of Access to Information Act 2013 (PAI);
- The Regulation of Interception of Communications and Provision of Communication-Related Information Act 70 of 2002 (RIC Act);
- The Companies Act 2008; and
- The Protection of Personal Information Act of 2013.
Regardless of whether your business is trading thousands of Rands or nothing at all, your website needs to adhere to certain requirements. Adherence to business policies and regulations is of fundamental importance when addressing transparency and legality. Complying with legislation that protects the consumer will let your clients know that their interests are protected and that their interaction with the company is safe and secure. With trust as a commodity, the customer’s peace of mind can be guaranteed.
What happens if you don’t comply?
You may comply with the laws that govern your brick and mortar business; however, your website might not be compliant. If your website does not comply, you can face possible penalties and reputational damage. It could also affect your business operations due to unnecessary costs or the contract between the customer and your business being cancelled or found not valid. Provide yourself with the peace of mind you deserve and avoid unnecessary bumps in your business’s road.
Our website compliance subscription program includes:
- Terms of Supply (if it is an eCommerce site); and
- Email legal notice
- Regular updates where there might be additional requirements or amendments to the existing laws
For a quote, contact us.